Technical Hints & Tips
- Yeast goods make up information.
- Use medium to strong flour.
- Ensure that dough temperature is in line with the recipe instructions.
- Steam proving is usually required. Temperature recommended at 38 – 40 degrees Celsius.
- Be sure to fully develop doughs.
- Ensure that “Instant” yeast food is used as standard yeast food is not effective. These doughs should be allowed some floor time to recover – approximately 10 minutes.
- Water levels will vary according to the strength of the flour. It may also vary from batch to batch of flour.
- It is vital that the oven is hot enough 220 – 230 degrees Celsius to ensure maximum oven spring.