Lemon Meringue Éclairs
Method:Bring Group 1 to boiling point
Method:Sieve Group 2, then add to Group 1 stirring vigorously until thoroughly cooked.
Method:Turn Groups 1 and 2 into a mixing bowl and blend on low speed for 1 minute to allow for cooling. Beat in eggs gradually, scraping down between additions.
Method:Finally add Group 4 and mix well.
- Total Weight
Make up Procedure
Puffs – Pipe in bulbs with star or plain tubes, walnut size – 7cm apart.
Eclairs – Pipe in finger shapes on lightly greased trays.
230°C for 25-30 minutes
PUFFS AND ÉCLAIRS are suitable for freezing in baked condition.
Points Of Importance
1. Group 2 must be cooked until the mass is clear and has come away from the sides of the pot.
2. Before the first addition of egg is made, the batter should be allowed to cool slightly.
3. Clear all additions of egg before adding more.
4. It should be noted that EOI Trend or EOI Sovereign can be used successfully.
5. Egg content may vary according to flour strength.
Lemon Meringue filling
Full Cream Milk
Method:Filling - Add all ingredients together. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, scrape down bowl, then mix on high speed for 4 minutes.
- Total Weight
Pipe lemon filling into Éclairs or Puffs. Then pipe meringue on top and brown with a blow torch.
Premium custard for vanilla slice, fruit tartlettes and all piping work such as éclairs. This product is suitable for vegetarian use.
Premium butter flavour margarine for all short pastry, sweet crust & quiche bases. Ideal as a partial or total replacement for butter.