EOI Premium Pie Bottom Pastry
This specialty recipe produces a thin pie bottom that will not stick or shrink. Handles well and reheats well and retains its short eating qualities. This quantity is suitable for a 20 litre bowl.
EOI Vegetable Duo or EOI Duo
Method:Use dough hook and low speed. Rub together Group 1 until EOI Vegetable Duo or EOI Duo is well distributed.
Method:Add Group 2 and mix well to a clear dough.
Method:Add Group 3 and mix to a smooth dough.
Point of importance:
1. This dough does not require any turns and can be used straight from the machine.
2. Soft flour will improve eating quality.
3. The key to good pie bottom mixing is to stop gluten development, so ensure Group 1 is thoroughly mixed to a crumbly consistency.
1. Excellent performance during rolling – can be rolled thinner.
2. Great side wall structure.
3. Superior bake and reheat properties.
4. Clean non-greasy mouth feel.
5. Non-sticky – use less flour while sheeting.
And use either:
EOI Vegetable Duo or Traditional Duo
Duo Vegetable 12kg
Vegetable shortening specially developed for premium quality, pie base and quiche. This product is virtually Trans Free and is suitable for vegetarian and vegan use.
High quality shortening plasticised for pie base and quiche.